Thursday, March 13, 2008

COLOURlovers




Every so often I find that when I design something it's really hard to come up with a nice color scheme. I'm not all that great at picking colors myself, I tend to wonder sometimes if I am color blind. I just came across this site called COLOURlovers, where you can upload a photo from the internet and it'll create different color pallettes from your photo, you can pick and change the ones that look the best. This is a good way to see what the colors look like together. You can save your pallette on the site for other's to view and make comments. It's also good to look at other people's pallette's (OPP) for inspiration. Here is a color pallette I created from a picture I took at the Ringling Museum. It's a cool tool to get inspiration for designing and to also analyze your photographs and see all the different colors.

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! thanks for the link to that site. I can think of some really great uses. Digital Scrappin comes to mind first.

Leanne Lonergan said...

I have just read your comment on my blog about colourlovers! I can't get enough of it. My user name there is eleannell. Is yours clockworkpink? I'll go on and send you some 'love'
My two daughters love it too.